The following section includes hip and knee cases performed by Dr. Darwin Chen. These case studies are intended to provide information about the scope of Dr. Chen’s practice for both patients and referring providers. As you can see, our practice handles a wide variety of hip and knee disorders, ranging from routine arthritic joints to the most complex reconstructive problems.
- Severe hip dysplasia (Crowe IV) – subtrochanteric shortening osteotomy
- Severe hip dysplasia (Crowe III) – acetabular augmentation
- Severe hip dysplasia (Crowe IV) – subtrochanteric shortening osteotomy and acetabular augmentation
- Complex THA for proximal femoral deformity
- Bilateral hip fusion conversion to THA
- Protrusio acetabuli
- THA for acute acetabular fracture